Windows and Network Technical Analyst VICTORIA (FULL TIME)
Posting closes onSunday, April 30, 2017
MYRA Systems is currently seeking an Intermediate Technical Analyst in our Victoria office. Our preference is for a candidate with strong Windows and networking skills and experience. Experience with Microsoft, VMware and/or Citrix virtualization platforms is also a strong preference. MYRA is interested in qualified candidates who enjoy working in a fast paced team environment and welcome technical challenges in a professional and confident manner.
For 30 years, MYRA Systems has provided information technology solutions and technology infrastructure services focused on support, design, planning and implementation to our customers.
MYRA provides services ranging from project-based technical services to fully-managed infrastructure operations. We implement, manage and operate the technology infrastructure for corporate and business systems in a wide variety of industries.
Core responsibilities for this position include:
· Implementations: designing, migrating, upgrading and implementing Windows environments including Windows Server, desktop, Active Directory and networking
· Support: supporting and troubleshooting Windows Active Directory as well as Windows servers/clients and terminal services (WTS/Citrix)
· Management: release management, change management, process management
· Teamwork: working closely with technical teams and project managers, external vendor partners, and customers to ensure smooth implementations and transitions
· Sales: leading and/or implementing technical opportunities with external customers; providing sales support for products and services such as product demonstrations, whiteboard sessions and requirements gathering
· MCSE and/or five years experience managing Windows servers with sufficient experience to have learned the true limits and capabilities of Windows Server and Active Directory
· Comprehension of the basic fundamentals of server and desktop virtualization and/or knowledge of Microsoft, VMware or Citrix virtualization platforms
· Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent written and spoken English language communication skills
Things that will rate you higher for this position:
· Post secondary degree
· Citrix and/or VMware experience or certifications
· Current CCNA certification, and/or the ability to competently manage and configure Cisco and other vendors’ routers, firewalls and networks
· Microsoft product deployment knowledge for products such as SharePoint, SCCM, or Exchange
· Microsoft virtualization product certifications (Hyper-V)
· Reference-able experience in an enterprise environment (i.e. >50 servers) where you were responsible for day-to-day server and/or network management
· Experience in scripting
· ITIL Foundation
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
· Develop both professional and technical skills
· Receive on the job as well as formal training
· Work with a variety of highly skilled IT technical specialists
You should apply if:
· You currently meet the minimum requirements for this position
· You can work effectively with project managers and technicians and be self-directed for a wide variety of assignments and projects
· You like change and to be constantly learning
· You like meeting customers and can represent the company and your own knowledge both in person and on paper clearly, concisely and with respect
· You don’t mind travelling to and from Vancouver island
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. a cover letter that articulates your skills and experiences, and references this opportunity: Windows & Network Technical Analyst - Victoria
2. your resume
This position will remain open until April 30, 2017.
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you heard about this position. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate the position and location you are applying for in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted in confidence until Sunday, April 30, 2017. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.